Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In the Chaos: God is present

The definition of chaos is: "a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order." Lately my life has seemed to exemplify a great example for chaos and I am just living life one day at a time. While I was on a long run last night I began to think about how I was not stressing out, nor have I been trying to solve everything that's going on, and realizing that somethings will just remain unfinished, and I have just living in the chaos. We are called to live in the chaos, to seek out the presence of God in our midst and in the midst of all the chaos. God gives us a purpose and the strength to live in the chaos.

Today I am leaving with people from Living Word to go visit our brothers and sisters in the Lima, Peru area. My prayers have been that I slow down and take time to discover the presence of God in the chaos of everyday life and in this experience. I am blessed to be going to make connections for future youth and family mission trips and I look forward to experience the love of Christ in a new way. I don't have any expectations, as I wouldn't know where to begin. I am not bring much more than clothes and a big bag of smarties candies, my journal and my Bible. I pray this is an experience where I continue to seek God and see beyond myself into this world and who God has created us all to be as loving brothers and sisters in Christ.

Prayers for good health, patience, and smiles. Also prayers that my heart, mind, and spirit be renewed and transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit.

May you see the presence of God in the chaos of life, no matter the circumstance you are encountering this day. Where is it that you see God today?

No comments:

Post a Comment